DevOps Software Developer (Python)
İstanbul(Asya) / Türkiye
Deneyimsiz / Deneyimli
Qualifications job Description
What part will you play?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to design and implement object oriented solutions for complex DevOps and Infrastructure problems using Python,
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain software solutions,
- Contribute to the development of our DevOps infrastructure and processes,
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Write and maintain documentation for software systems,
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Proficient in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software development principles,
- Proficient in software application development with Python,
- Experience or interest in ownership of software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning systems (such as GIT) and experience in related management software (such as GitLab),
- Understanding and hands-on experience on clean and well documented script/code,
- Experience in implementation and further development of CI/CD concepts and best practices (Templates, Pipelines, Workflows)
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in development and maintenance of infrastructure automation and related tools (Scripting, Kubernetes, Terraform),
- Familiarity in containerization strategies (such as Docker),
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP,
- Able to locate cross-cutting concerns (i.e. pointing out common usages and practices) to guide software development teams,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Knowhow on Test Driven Development and testing concepts/approaches,
- Experience in using various Python packages (e.g. python-gitlab, atlassian-python-api),
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts
Desired Soft skills:
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Proven ability to work successfully in a highly ambiguous environment,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
What we offer
- Speak up Culture
- Respectful Workplace
- Being part of a global work environment
- Remote working and remote living flexibility
- Attractive remuneration package
- Excellent recognition tools providing spot awards
- Learning & Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Leave days for parents and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Creche allowance for mothers
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.