What does a Network Administrator do?
The general duties of Netwok (Network) administrators are as follows;
- Installation, configuration and management of tools such as routers, switches and firewalls
- Monitoring and management of network traffic
- Management of network security and security policies
- Optimizing and improving network performance
- Backup and recovery of network infrastructure
- Responsible for managing user accounts and controlling access to the network.
How to become a Network Administrator?
It is important to participate in an advanced training program or certifications in network management and security. Network administrator is a profession that can be achieved by training in a short period of time for freelance work. For example, certification programs provided by companies such as Cisco and Juniper will make a great contribution in this regard. Having certificates such as CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) will be a suitable step for people who want to start their career.
It is also important for people who want to become network administrators to constantly update their technical knowledge and follow the developments in the sector.
As a result, having the technical knowledge and skills to become a Network Administrator, participating in certification programs, gaining practical experience and following developments in the industry are essential for a successful career. Furthermore, continuous self-improvement and specialization in advanced network management and security will ensure your success as a Network Administrator.